BlogCatalog

Spirituality Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

The Healing Power of Writing

Hi! Welcome to the Joy of Miracles.

To write is to uncover, to unhide, to bring to light, and express what is within. To share is the end of all private thoughts, all shame, all guilt, all pain and separation. Here is all Joy found at last! Writing helps us to repeat, focus, choose, and remember ideas. The purpose of this writing is healing for all of us.

This blog is inspired by "A Course in Miracles"and The Work of Byron Katie. You are invited to share your comments by clicking on the word "comment" at the end of each post. If you scroll way down there's a little info about me and also an archive of past writing you can view by clicking on the title. Thanks so much for visiting...

Email Subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, April 25, 2011

communion: Tell me everything


what do i want?

communion (communication)
or
to be right
to educate the ignorant
to bring knowledge
to one who doesn't have it
to convert?

i am speaking
of my love
my religion
my language
that has fed me
so sweetly
so richly...
like melted butter
and maple syrup
soaking into pancakes

it has brought me so much delight
and fresh insight to
give me new life

oh dear dear one i love
i speak of it to you
on and on and on

of my passion...
my beloved concepts
my sweet definitions...

and i notice
at first
your eyes are sad
then closed
then
a tear rolls down your cheek
and
hands cover your face

finally your whole body
turns in the other direction

i keep speaking
spilling this syrup i love

she must need more
she just doesn't "get it"
i haven't said enough yet
more knowledge
more instruction

is certainly what she needs...will "fix" this

her shoulder tense
hunched
and now she is getting up
and moving away
further and further

the sobs become louder
the motions more forceful

now in my mind she is evil/bad/harmful/scary to me
she makes me feel incompetent
she doesn't listen
she's hurting me
she doesn't care and is selfish

now she's running away
and will need days to "do her work"
regain her sanity
and see she was wrong

i wait and wait
on the cross
for three days
until she
is finally ready to roll
the stone away
and resurrect herself
so i can get off the cross

evil of her
to hold me up here
so long

only an idiot couldn't easily see the light i see
and so set me free
and never string me up here
in the first place

without my wisdom
she keeps repeating her mistake...

i hate this old story
this 100,oooth rerun....

what else is possible?
(there must
be
a
better
way!!!)

help me, Lord, i don't get it/her!

....i see
as i spoonfeed my favorite soup
to this baby of mine

her eyes are sad
i notice
she is turning away...
and i do not understand
and i am afraid
because i have watched this movie before
sooooo many times
and i know how it always turns out...

this time
i pause
i stop talking

i see
i am not certain what is going on

i remember
my desire is communion

and i wonder
if the connection is still there

i don't feel
the electricity

it seems
i have "lost" her

or perhaps she
has "abandoned" me

it doesn't matter
i don't need to find who's at fault or how

i just know
I want to commune

on common ground
so i ask
hey,
what's going on with you?
where are you?
what are you feeling?
experiencing?
Tell me everything

i would so appreciate
if you would take the time
to tell me how you see me
so i can have a greater perspective
than just my own.

and i listen

Tell me everything.
do you hear the love in these words?
do you have any idea how great this gift is?
to yourself
and to offer to someone else

Tell me everything
and i am back in your arms

Tell me everything
for my birthday
Christmas
Easter
Valentine' s Day
it's the only present i ever want

Tell me everything...
I am interested in/care about your feelings

Maybe I got lost in my topic/ my religion
and forgot my desire was communion

maybe...
just maybe...

i'll ask...


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have been a student of A Course in Miracles since 1986. It has helped me tremendously to be a happier person by helping me change my perception of everything. I have found writing to be very helpful in the process of practicing, experiencing, and living the ideas in the Course. In 2006 I started sharing inspiration from the Course with a friend. Now it is a joy to share it with everyone. In 2009, The Work of Byron Katie found me at a woman's group. The Work is a way to identify and question your stressfuI beliefs. I dove right in and in April 2013 became a Certified Facilitator of The Work of Byron Katie. I work with people privately and offer online classes. Please visit www.joyofthework.com for more information. I also still occasionally lead the 11am Sunday Gathering at the Rocky Mountain Miracles Center in Denver. For more information http://www.miraclescenter.org/

Followers

Blog Archive