BlogCatalog

Spirituality Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

The Healing Power of Writing

Hi! Welcome to the Joy of Miracles.

To write is to uncover, to unhide, to bring to light, and express what is within. To share is the end of all private thoughts, all shame, all guilt, all pain and separation. Here is all Joy found at last! Writing helps us to repeat, focus, choose, and remember ideas. The purpose of this writing is healing for all of us.

This blog is inspired by "A Course in Miracles"and The Work of Byron Katie. You are invited to share your comments by clicking on the word "comment" at the end of each post. If you scroll way down there's a little info about me and also an archive of past writing you can view by clicking on the title. Thanks so much for visiting...

Email Subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Saturday, April 23, 2011

the scent of fear

the scent of fear

a whiff
of insecurity

she breathes
on to me

the faintest hint...

and i feel
faint

i am caught
in it

i can't breathe

the air is not here
now

her fault
i die

her fault
my bottom falls out,
my premise,
of false security: she is my strength

her faulty foot step
and
i am shaken to the core

this must be changed
it's broken
i must teach her she is wrong
immediately
because
i am falling
unsafe

she must secure herself
so my rope is whole

and so the fire grows
because i teach her
she is wrong

i point out to her
her error
and i must win this.
my life depends on it
my whole identity is placed so shakily
out there

her crushing silence
withholds
my love
that i am

and so
now she much die
for me to live


there is another way
another day
born now

a whiff of fear...
of her mistep out of love's perception

i see
she has done nothing
but is dreaming she has stepped off a cliff
and feels her stomach rising into her throat
the sensation of a world
pulled out from under her

Clarity sees the simplicity

sanity/truth doesn't dive off the cliff with her
into the lie
the prison
the hell
of
if only she...
if only she...
i would be okay

i reach out my hand
extend it over the edge of the cliff
right into her fear
right into the darkness
i meet her

i don't tell her she is full of shit
because
i am not in pain

i realize i stand on firm high ground
my hand reaches
to share
this never moving mountain

calm
i need do nothing

for certain,
she is not wrong

asleep, yes,
in that moment
her pain is undeniable

i don't ask her
to fake it
to shake it

i don't tell her
her dream is lasting far too long
for my convenience
and my comfort

i simply see
i hear
i listen
i know
truth is inevitable
i know
she is the sun
dreaming for but an instant

and i rest
for it is my experience
that every single day of my life
the sun rises
and provides far more
than i could ever use

and i
do nothing for it

the sun now extends through me
to remind
to be the star
she can see
even in her sleep
and so i see she does
see the light

i need not hurry her

i know
in the night
rest is a gift

i know
in the silence
God's Voice
is heard more clearly

i remember
that when someone is falling
telling them what to do
or that they shouldn't fall

is like ordering the river to stop

and i can see
that letting my life depend
on stopping a river
is not good or bad,
it's impossible

i will never stop
the river

i simply allow her
to flow...

to the ocean
to the valleys
to the desert
to every part of the world
she will

there is nothing to fear
but trying to stop
the river!

this
is
resurrection

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have been a student of A Course in Miracles since 1986. It has helped me tremendously to be a happier person by helping me change my perception of everything. I have found writing to be very helpful in the process of practicing, experiencing, and living the ideas in the Course. In 2006 I started sharing inspiration from the Course with a friend. Now it is a joy to share it with everyone. In 2009, The Work of Byron Katie found me at a woman's group. The Work is a way to identify and question your stressfuI beliefs. I dove right in and in April 2013 became a Certified Facilitator of The Work of Byron Katie. I work with people privately and offer online classes. Please visit www.joyofthework.com for more information. I also still occasionally lead the 11am Sunday Gathering at the Rocky Mountain Miracles Center in Denver. For more information http://www.miraclescenter.org/

Followers

Blog Archive