BlogCatalog

Spirituality Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

The Healing Power of Writing

Hi! Welcome to the Joy of Miracles.

To write is to uncover, to unhide, to bring to light, and express what is within. To share is the end of all private thoughts, all shame, all guilt, all pain and separation. Here is all Joy found at last! Writing helps us to repeat, focus, choose, and remember ideas. The purpose of this writing is healing for all of us.

This blog is inspired by "A Course in Miracles"and The Work of Byron Katie. You are invited to share your comments by clicking on the word "comment" at the end of each post. If you scroll way down there's a little info about me and also an archive of past writing you can view by clicking on the title. Thanks so much for visiting...

Email Subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, April 30, 2012

mud dripping from the ceiling

mud
dripping from the ceiling today
as i sat on the couch
in my usual way

today wasn't going to be clean and nice,
no, instead i ate  chocolate and chewed on ice

there's something underneath me
inside
that's not right
it's bad and it's wrong and it's blinding my sight

i want to be vanilla,
 not covered with sauce,
but i seem to be trying to be in charge like a  boss,
to make myself spiritual,
kind and sweet,
and it just isn't working--
 an impossible feat

to chisel and form
 an idol i made
when i already am
all that Heaven can be

imagine Love and Happiness
smothered by a blanket
and i'm trying to hide from them
even though they are my parents

it will never work
to keep mom and dad
under the living room rug
they just don't fit and it's far too snug

and i'm lonely without them
and missing my feet
it's very hard to walk and move and breathe
when i've thrown my heart out
for the seagulls to eat

i see there's nothing really wrong with me,
except i think i exist
all alone in a box,
without a parent
or heart
nor even socks

just a crazy idea
that can never be true,
there can't be a me
without a you

so thank you dear brother and mom and dad
and father and sister and all that i have

i see it's ridiculous
to think i'm alone,
if that really was true
there'd be no use for phones

and since phones are everywhere
it must be true
the wisest words i can say
are
i love you

so let the mud fall,
who cares
when you love,
just catch it
and feel it
and play with it all

there's something for me
in every black hole

a surprise
i've been denying

my very own
soul



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have been a student of A Course in Miracles since 1986. It has helped me tremendously to be a happier person by helping me change my perception of everything. I have found writing to be very helpful in the process of practicing, experiencing, and living the ideas in the Course. In 2006 I started sharing inspiration from the Course with a friend. Now it is a joy to share it with everyone. In 2009, The Work of Byron Katie found me at a woman's group. The Work is a way to identify and question your stressfuI beliefs. I dove right in and in April 2013 became a Certified Facilitator of The Work of Byron Katie. I work with people privately and offer online classes. Please visit www.joyofthework.com for more information. I also still occasionally lead the 11am Sunday Gathering at the Rocky Mountain Miracles Center in Denver. For more information http://www.miraclescenter.org/

Followers

Blog Archive