BlogCatalog

Spirituality Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

The Healing Power of Writing

Hi! Welcome to the Joy of Miracles.

To write is to uncover, to unhide, to bring to light, and express what is within. To share is the end of all private thoughts, all shame, all guilt, all pain and separation. Here is all Joy found at last! Writing helps us to repeat, focus, choose, and remember ideas. The purpose of this writing is healing for all of us.

This blog is inspired by "A Course in Miracles"and The Work of Byron Katie. You are invited to share your comments by clicking on the word "comment" at the end of each post. If you scroll way down there's a little info about me and also an archive of past writing you can view by clicking on the title. Thanks so much for visiting...

Email Subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, September 6, 2015

it's not popular

it's not popular to smile on death,
it is one law that most (not all) cultures agree on

but who
in all honesty,
who looks deeply
and with sincerity

can find any loss, any harm in death
for "the one who has died"?

isn't it the survivor,
(your own feelings)
who  suffers,

whose joy is veiled
and available?

isn't is solely the survivor's happiness
(identity) that has been seen
to be threatened?

how can i live in a world like this--
(the one in my head),
the one of my own making,
the one of "innocent victims"?

how can i live with my own guilt?
look what "I" am missing!
"me!"

can I really know
better than reality?

can I really know
that the highest good of the whole
is for everyone to live until they are 95 years old?
Can I know it is better for them to die of disease
or a car accident or suicide or war or painlessly in their sleep?

can I really know that children should not die?

and look what I miss...
the brilliance of the life lived,
the brilliant light
of a few years!

who says,
who, please tell me who,
is it
that can see so far and wide
and in all times and in every situation
the perfect time and method to die?

is it really possible
that reality is "off"?

let me give thanks for every instant
of Love received,
the timeless Love
that cannot end with death

let my heart be overflowing with the gifts,
the lessons received,
that continue to reveal themselves

let me honor the life lived
and the death

let me smile
as i realize
"what does it take
to wake me up"?

as i realize
what a powerful Teacher
death is...

thank you

if anyone is offended or outraged by this,
i understand.
if it sounds cold and heartless,
i understand

I see the image of the little boy on the beach,
I see the image of my son dead on the bed from suicide,
I have looked long and deeply
Aaron would be 29 on Sept 8.

I am not saying "do nothing".
I am saying
Love is the power
(and don't believe me, test it :-)

Love to all of us.

it's not popular to smile at death...
and just notice it's not real popular
(for the ego) to smile on life either
hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have been a student of A Course in Miracles since 1986. It has helped me tremendously to be a happier person by helping me change my perception of everything. I have found writing to be very helpful in the process of practicing, experiencing, and living the ideas in the Course. In 2006 I started sharing inspiration from the Course with a friend. Now it is a joy to share it with everyone. In 2009, The Work of Byron Katie found me at a woman's group. The Work is a way to identify and question your stressfuI beliefs. I dove right in and in April 2013 became a Certified Facilitator of The Work of Byron Katie. I work with people privately and offer online classes. Please visit www.joyofthework.com for more information. I also still occasionally lead the 11am Sunday Gathering at the Rocky Mountain Miracles Center in Denver. For more information http://www.miraclescenter.org/

Followers

Blog Archive