BlogCatalog

Spirituality Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

The Healing Power of Writing

Hi! Welcome to the Joy of Miracles.

To write is to uncover, to unhide, to bring to light, and express what is within. To share is the end of all private thoughts, all shame, all guilt, all pain and separation. Here is all Joy found at last! Writing helps us to repeat, focus, choose, and remember ideas. The purpose of this writing is healing for all of us.

This blog is inspired by "A Course in Miracles"and The Work of Byron Katie. You are invited to share your comments by clicking on the word "comment" at the end of each post. If you scroll way down there's a little info about me and also an archive of past writing you can view by clicking on the title. Thanks so much for visiting...

Email Subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Thank you

"how do I know you will pay me?"
the little boy asked his mom

at the time
she could not answer

she was devastated
he did not "trust" her

tonight she went went back,
she asked herself what she thought
she would have if he trusted her

and she saw it was all about her
and how she missed completely
this little boy in that moment

she couldn't even hear the question

tonight she met the little boy for the first time
and she saw herself:
"how do I know I will be paid,
be provided for?"

and she heard Katie,
notice
in this moment
all that is,
all that you have

just notice
how abundant,
more than you can possibly use
(six cups on the kitchen counter)
six times as many cups as I could possibly use,
not to mention the ones in the cupboard

So so so much  more than I need,
and i notice the future is  now, now, now...
overflow overflow overflow

even one human being...
how much gratitude is enough for a human being...
just one
amazing
living
breathing
being

and
everything's breathing
like a giant accordion

regardless of what you are thinking
or where your attention is

seven billion hearts
no matter what you say, do or think

trees, too,
beating
pulsing
breathing
respiring

have you noticed how well things are going?

"a grateful heart, a garden is"--
gratitude, the soil

the baseline,
breathes new life
into that worn and spent image

gratitude flowers
where only dust was seen

out of "nowhere"
gratitude streams

the emaciated smiles,
the ripe tomatoes
fall plump and juicy
off the vine

is there anything in your world
right now
you have not given thanks for?

the desert but waits
your gratitude

the spring
truly is within

how do I know I will be paid?
oh oh oh
it's everywhere! everywhere! everywhere!

endless!
gratitude

priceless

thank you, son


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have been a student of A Course in Miracles since 1986. It has helped me tremendously to be a happier person by helping me change my perception of everything. I have found writing to be very helpful in the process of practicing, experiencing, and living the ideas in the Course. In 2006 I started sharing inspiration from the Course with a friend. Now it is a joy to share it with everyone. In 2009, The Work of Byron Katie found me at a woman's group. The Work is a way to identify and question your stressfuI beliefs. I dove right in and in April 2013 became a Certified Facilitator of The Work of Byron Katie. I work with people privately and offer online classes. Please visit www.joyofthework.com for more information. I also still occasionally lead the 11am Sunday Gathering at the Rocky Mountain Miracles Center in Denver. For more information http://www.miraclescenter.org/

Followers

Blog Archive