BlogCatalog

Spirituality Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

The Healing Power of Writing

Hi! Welcome to the Joy of Miracles.

To write is to uncover, to unhide, to bring to light, and express what is within. To share is the end of all private thoughts, all shame, all guilt, all pain and separation. Here is all Joy found at last! Writing helps us to repeat, focus, choose, and remember ideas. The purpose of this writing is healing for all of us.

This blog is inspired by "A Course in Miracles"and The Work of Byron Katie. You are invited to share your comments by clicking on the word "comment" at the end of each post. If you scroll way down there's a little info about me and also an archive of past writing you can view by clicking on the title. Thanks so much for visiting...

Email Subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, May 7, 2012

new story

(inspired by contemplation of "my mom was hurt." is it true?)

She was a wide-eyed pussycat
who liked to be stroked
and when something hit her
she liked to mope,
to scowl and scream
and meow
'til you knew,
what you threw at her
didn't feel very cute.

"don't treat me like that!
i don't like it, you hear!
i want you to stroke me
and be kind and dear!"

i've got all these feelings
pent up inside
and now that you mention it
it's time for a ride

the buckets are pouring,
my blood boils up,
my face turns pink
and the volume jumps

it's all very natural
when i don't love myself
to get kind of crazy
and feel small
as an elf

but i'm really quite healthy,
deep down inside,
don't think for a moment
my furnace ain't working,
i'm stoking and standing
and the steam's quite bazerking

all power inside me
is making this dream,
giving it meaning,
whatever it seems

and you, little child,
over there by the wall,
there's nothing about you
that will ever be small

the movie you're watching
is of your own making.
and when you grow older
you'll see there's no mis-taking

you'll see
i was nothing
at all--
no, quite meek...

all that pain that you gave me
was a thought that came to your mind
and if you can see that,
it's quite an amazing find

it shows you you've grown,
and you're ready for review,
to see what you made up,
and to find now
something new

there's nothing you've ever experienced at all
that wasn't an image
that you gave a life,
you sang their  song
and you played their fife

today the puppets are still
 i don't breathe them with power
i let them be puppets
and try not to confuse me and  them and then feel sour

by grasping and dressing them
in my chosen garments
and putting feelings in their hearts
where there's nothing that can feel

just a mirror of my own mind,
a clear pane of glass,
every single one
and i thought
it was an ass!

this is how
the story is undone
i see what i saw
and i see it was
none

now
mama
sits rocking
in the cool night air
the breeze is gentle
and  now she's aware

 there's still creatures that scurry
and crawl and buzz
and call to her to pet them
 and appreciate their fuzz,

now she's no more tired
and frazzled and wired

she's so very grateful
all her children have come home
there's no one outside her,
outside of her fun

in the still of the evening
she's showered by stars
shooting and playing
and dancing scarves

all locks have fallen open,
no one is chained
anymore,

just releasing you
re-leasing you

is how i am free

is how
i
am free


free
falling

... last story

my mom was not hurt


ever


amen




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have been a student of A Course in Miracles since 1986. It has helped me tremendously to be a happier person by helping me change my perception of everything. I have found writing to be very helpful in the process of practicing, experiencing, and living the ideas in the Course. In 2006 I started sharing inspiration from the Course with a friend. Now it is a joy to share it with everyone. In 2009, The Work of Byron Katie found me at a woman's group. The Work is a way to identify and question your stressfuI beliefs. I dove right in and in April 2013 became a Certified Facilitator of The Work of Byron Katie. I work with people privately and offer online classes. Please visit www.joyofthework.com for more information. I also still occasionally lead the 11am Sunday Gathering at the Rocky Mountain Miracles Center in Denver. For more information http://www.miraclescenter.org/

Followers

Blog Archive